"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin





Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Ties That Bind



Here is the third page for the book in progress  :)



There were 8 layers to 'peel' on this page, the paper under the word 'ties' is right down to the bottom layer.  I stamped and cut out those words and printed the 'family' definition, then covered it with a piece of mica and a frame.  The flowers I made were painted with some perfect pearls to give them a nice sheen.
I couldn't find my timepiece to stick on it, but if it shows up, I'll glue it just above the frame--to the right.    

If you would like to join in making this book, check my side bar for Ink Stains blog.  Roni does a lovely job showing the techniques for the Arch Book---there will be 8 pages in all, and it's not too late to join.
Thanks Roni, this technique I would try again  :)
     


1 comment:

  1. Really enjoying the posts of your creative process Nancy
    I am curious where you got the arch shapes?
    Were they a kit?
    oxo

    ReplyDelete