"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin





Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Finished My Purse

Here's the purse I have been working on this past few days~finished up yesterday  :)

The pattern kind of confused me at first, but once I got sewing on it, things made sense.  There's a pocket at each end on the outside.  Looking at it from the front, it is about 9" tall and 9"wide at the base.


  The zipper opening is 15".

 

There's velcro to hold the two ends in place. 


Side view.

  

Below is another beautiful digi image from Crafts and Me Stamps.
get
I lightly used SU! Cool Caribbean and Apricot Appeal ink and the cloud template from SU! for the sky and moon. Iridescent Copper acrylic from Golden, Peeled
Paint distress ink, Fiskars punch~which I cut away the outside to make it more lacey looking. Flowers from my stash and of course, some Silver Stickles. I just printed the words myself.  I used my lovely Copics to colour the image  :)


Side view to show the dimension.


Hope you enjoyed your visit  :)   please leave a comment so I can come visit your blog too  :)


11 comments:

  1. Thank you for popping a comment on my post and encouraging me with 'tea talk', where would we be without it hey? Love the purse!

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that Purse.. have one similar that my mum made me but smaller.. Love the card as well.. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh Nancy!! that bag is just fabulous! You are really clever!
    The card is whimsical and pretty! gorgeous work

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your purse is so pretty. Love that pattern. I so need to get a few of my purse patterns sewn up.
    Your card is lovely. Those flowers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nancy, thanks so much for dropping by and leaving me some birthday cheer, really sweet of you. Your bag looks great, but to me confusing and a lot of work to make. I think you are very clever......I would not know where to start to put in a zip !!!. Love your pretty card and the photos of the snow, they are gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bag..is it a MaryAnne pattern? It is a fairly easy pattern. I love the material you used.
    Mrs Noofy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome bag Nancy, how cool is that?! It's going to be great for all sorts of things. I love the card you made too, the image is absolutely beautiful and you've coloured it so perfectly.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  8. your purse turned out great! I'm sure if I had attempted it there would be a lot of wonkiness with it - yours looks perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever are you with your sewing... that purse is just amazing and the card is lovely too, great colouring... this makes me wish I could sew... but after many tries I have come to understand it is just beyond me... will visit you and watch your wonders instead...xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Nancy , nice to 'meet' you !what a lovely purse, my daughter loves to sew and is much better than I am at it. Great card also, I just love my Copics too, & Promarkers and now I just bought Spectrum Noir pens...oh my I NEED so many! :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Nancyyyy ♥
    It's been a while since I came to visit your blog...You're ALWAYS so inspiring!
    wanting to give U a shout out...please check my blog today....*wink wink* you may discover a wee surprise...;)

    http://www.paola-sama.blogspot.com/2012/03/i-was-blessed-with-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete