"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin





Saturday, May 14, 2011

Family Album


This is a Close To My Heart, 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" album.  I used CTMH paper on the covers and pages, plus I added a folded page.  The pages are all sponged and I've added cardstock pieces to make pockets and tags to put in them.

There's a chipboard flower and frame for a photo, a piece of grunge paper that I inked black for the spine and held that down with a scalloped piece of chipboard.  The beads along the bottom are attached to the back cover so they are out of the way when turning pages.

The back cover has a raised frame around the saying.  There is actually a little diamond in the center of the flower also--but it's lost in the folds.    

A closer look of the raised frame.

Inside front cover and first page. Pocket, tags and chipboard flowers

The little vine is a flocked sticky strip.

More chipboard pieces and frame for photo.

I love this pocket with the lace.

Another big pocket and Tim Holtz film strip--I'm so stingy with that stuff  :) 

 Rain dots on the sticky tape, pocket and tag.
Folded page I added--closed...

...and open, another pocket.

Lots of room for photos

 Chipboard, covered piece on left page.

A pocket on the inside back cover.
   
This album will hold a lot of photos and journaling!  



5 comments:

  1. I love that you used CTMH ... I used to sell for them :)

    Your book is beautiful. I love the color combo and all the details you put into it. Now comes the fun part of filling it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your album is beautiful! I love all the pockets and tags and secret little nooks to put pics and journaling! The rain dots on the tissue tape is really fun too! I love that stuff! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love your family album. Great with all the pockets and tags. Thank you for the sweet comment in my blog. The flower on my layout is from a shop that where at the Paper and CO show ( Paris ) last year, and I do not know the name of the shop. sorry about that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Nancy..this is gorgeous! I just love all the details and the thought you put into it. It must have taken forever.
    Mrs Noofy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your album is really beautiful in every detail Nancy!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete