"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin





Monday, May 7, 2012

Buttons and Garters

I went to the thrift store the other day to see if I could find some buttons. Well, I did. They had just come in from an estate sale and there was jewelry too. I did get enough buttons to put on a sweater, gave away some of the jewelry, put a couple of necklaces in the kids' box for playing.

Quite an assortment, some wooden, few leather(I think), those three in the bottom right are actually glass. I like the ones on the bottom left.
There are a few that I would like to put in/on a little frame. We'll see what comes of them all.



Along with the buttons were some garter fasteners or whatever they might be called.

Anyone need any garter clips :)
Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Super finds!!!!! Garter clips are great embellishments- for cloth bookmarks, altered paper tags, etc. I love the extras that you find in bitton boxes- old keys, paper pill boxes, marbles and slide buckles (I buy a lot of tins and boxes of buttons!)

    But if you still want to get rid of your garters, I will take them off your hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I found you through Kimmie's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my just a few buttons.. Have fun.. Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking for garter clips forever to use in my altered book. They are SO useful and I have not been able to find them anywhere in my area, used OR new. So please consider yourself very lucky. That is quite a find.

    Of course, the buttons are quite a score. You should have enough to make art well into next year (grin).

    I have missed you for tea. Seems like it's been forever since I've seen you on Tea Tuesday. I hope all is well. And although I'm sure you were teasing about the garter clips, owning even ONE would make me quite happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love buttons! those garter clips are cool too - they would make great hangers for art. Attach them to the top of your piece so they show and then slip them on a nail or a hook - very cool!

    ReplyDelete