"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin





Monday, June 4, 2012

My Coat of Many Colours

Join in the fun at Creative Accents Challenge Blog. This month it's buttons and twine!

Here is my card for the challenge. I used SU cardstock for the card base and the other paper is Creative Memories. The twine and little buttons are from my stash---I believe I've had those little buttons for a few years (such a hoarder!). That beautiful little girl image is a digi from Becky's Place. She's available with or without the patchwork design and is called 'My Mothers Coat'. Be sure to check out the June Challenge at Beckys blog too :)



And a peek at the inside.



I know, I haven't put any words on the outside OR inside :) I'm not sure yet, but it's going to be a 'I'm here for you' card.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check out the challenge and join us :)

8 comments:

  1. Sweet love the card.. I worked on mine a bit tonight waiting for things to dry till next step.. So will work on it tomorrow night again..
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nancy I loooove this card! That coat is fabulously coloured! Lovin the twine too! Glad you could join us @ Seriously Creative Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely use of color! That image is sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great colors and design on your buttons and twine card Nancy!
    It's kind of nice to have 'blank' cards on hand for special occasions...I really need to get back to card making again

    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card with a sweet image.
    Nice colouring.
    Well done Nancy.
    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, gorgeous card, Nancy = the coat reminds me of that Dolly Parton song, Coat of Many Colours. Love the lace you have on the front, and really loving how you've done the inside so nicely, beautiful job! Thanks for joining in on our challenge, hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful card Nancy! I really love the addition of the different coloures string, it gives such a great texture to the overall design. You did an great job on the colouring too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm absolutely stunned Nancy. Your card is so so amazing. I love your design and all these colors and everything! It reminds me Estonian folk skirts pattern. So beautiful!
    Good luck on Beccy's Place challenge.
    Hugs, Eret

    ReplyDelete