"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin





Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Canvas and A Bit of This and That

I'm finished the 16" x 20" canvas. It hangs on my bedroom wall which still needs to be painted, but I didn't want to wait. It's a 'flat' canvas and I think I like the thicker ones better, but hey, it's done and I do like it :) If you like, you can check on my sidebar under Canvas Picture, to see the earlier makings of this one.



I picked a couple of roses from my garden. Some slugs are feasting on their leaves I'll have to get something to get rid of them before they ruin my plants. So far nothing else is touched!



A nice little reflection of my patio door and a sunny day :)



I babysat over the weekend.



My poochies didn't think much of that! But, we managed and all was good in the end.



I made some soup, even in this heat! And darn good it was too :) I found it on Pinterest, the recipe is from The Greens Cook Book, called Mexican Vegetable Soup with Lime and Avocvado. You can find the recipe here
I didn't have the hominy or chipolte chilies, so I added half a can of stewed Italian tomatoes with herbs (it called for fresh), big spoonful of salsa and a few dashes of Louisiana hot sauce. I didn't have green beans so I added some frozen peas. Instead of chicken stock, I used a package of Lipton Chicken Noodle soup and took out half the noodles.
To make it stretch even further, I threw in a large can of Italian Wedding soup. So what's left of the original recipe, lol, the carrots, onion and spices--I love adapting a recipe.



Dish up a bowl and add chopped avocado. I added the lime, squeezed over top, with a spoonful of sour cream. Wonderful flavour!



Also, I made this little mug cover I saw on Pinterest, you can find the pattern here. It's cute, but I can't drink out of the cup with that yarn right there :) however, it could work on a taller mug.



Thanks for stopping by for a visit, hope you are all enjoying the beautiful summer weather we've been having :)

6 comments:

  1. You have been busy.. love the owl mug cover will have to take a look at that.. Soup I would have to taste looks interesting and the canvas is lovely Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice wall painting, pretty flowers, big dog, yummy soup, and cut mug cover. busy lady!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have been busy Nancy, what a great collection of projects! I love your canvas board, the colours are amazing. And your flowers! Wow! At first I thought they were artificial because of how vibrant and perfect they look. I also love the little mug cover you made, that's really cute.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty dog, Nancy! I am partial to German Shepherds.

    And the mug cover is super cute!!

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to stop and leave a note here as well. That coffee much cover is Too Cute! My mom and I both like owls and she would just love this. I havent done any knitting or the likes in a while but I'll have to check out that pattern!
    ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. babysitting a dog is MAJOR! I'm sure your weekend was filled with doggie needs!

    Your soup looks so warm and cozy - it has felt like winter this weekend - probably where you live too!

    ReplyDelete