"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin





Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Dogs or Monkeys

Instead of two little dogs, it sometimes appears that we have two little monkeys or at the very least, two very young children.

Cassie the 1 1/2 year old has claimed the old rocker as her look-out post. As you can see, she has her sad face down pat and I think it is because she would really like to have a friend to play with, someone her own size to keep her company. So, I take it upon myself to convince my husband of this and we get a new puppy!

After years of only owning larger dogs, little did we know how these two little monkeys would win us over! They are constantly amusing us with their antics, love to play and be where we are and have completely become our 'kids'.

Mischa, the black and white one, now 5 months old, is affectionately called Squishy face while Cassie is Fuzzy Butts.


Cassie came to us when she was about 6 months old and is a very well-mannered little dog. I wish I could say the same for monkey number 2! Don't get me wrong, she is pretty good, however, sometimes I feel that we go two steps forward and one step back! I'm sure it is just the puppy stage and she will learn from her big sister.

The kids are all gone, but we now have a different basket of toys in the living room. Ones that we are suckered into playing with too :) and most are spread about the house with various socks and slippers--nothing chewed or destroyed, just deposited everywhere. Also, there are twigs, leaves and other interesting tidbits from outside!

Good thing they are so cute and funny!

2 comments:

  1. They are adorable!! I swear my next dogs will be small and portable!! We have four now weighing 60-80lbs each!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a topic that is close to my heart... Best wishes!
    Where are your contact details though?

    Feel free to surf to my homepage ... what is malpractice

    ReplyDelete