"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin





Saturday, February 12, 2011

Progress :)

The little bag is done  :)  
It has some padding between the brocade outside and satin inner lining,
a little handle and drawstring cord.
Inside the bag is a little rectangle, removable, piece of coroplast--covered with the fabric--that holds the bottom nice and flat. 


I'm really pleased about getting this one done.  It's a gift for my good friend who brought me the lovely daffodils!  Her son is terminal with a brain tumour and she brings ME flowers!  We had tea, ate a huge piece of cake each and chatted the day away. 

Some more cards made this week--I love doing the faux silk technique with tissue, but this time I used a little napkin.  I separated the napkin to get the top layer off, scrunched it up, then carefully opened it and put it on some cardstock to which I had applied glue.  Each piece has a different coloured cardstock under the napkin and I used 2/3 colours of Glimmer Mist on each one. 



I'm still working on my Project Jar, getting the photos picked out and printed.
Another big green garbage bag goes to re-use with unwanted clothes.
There is one more piece of paper in the jar--that comes out tomorrow and then I can put a whole new batch in!
So the list goes on!

I'm so impressed with myself  :)   toot, toot.  


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bag - she will love it!!!
    I like your cards - I received some gorgeous napkins in a swap, I may have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..U're such multitalented Nancy!
    Loveee the beautiful bag U made...I'm sure it will be a winner w/your friend:o)
    I also loveee all those gorgeous cards U made!
    U're on a roll!!:o)

    ReplyDelete