"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin





Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Smash Book

Have you heard of the Smash Books?  They are basically a day-to-day journal of sorts, only a lot more fun than just writing.

This is my attempt, just a beginning really  :)  I've already added a couple of things to the front and back cover  you see here.

I just happened to have a couple of little notebooks sitting around, so I thought I'd give it a try.  If I really love it, I'll make my own book. 

I gathered a few odds and sods, glue pen, tape, modge podge, put it in the small basket you see.  As I doodle/write/glue things in this book, I'll just add whatever seems fun!

The front cover has a piece of fabric taped on, then the horses head from a napkin was podged onto the fabric. On the back I podged some pieces of a thesaurus--words for:  good, daily, life and stuff.




If you want to know more about Smash Books, check out this link http://www.eksuccessbrands.com/kandcompany/smash/


Thanks for coming to look  :)  hope you give the Smash Book a try.   I'd love to see some more ideas so leave a comment and I'll hop over to your blog for a look see  :)





3 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I have a few notebooks lying around too .... And goodness knows I have tons of scraps of this and that as well :)

    A project like that may just jumpstart my lacking creativity right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Mom! So pretty!

    DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 19 y/o daughter bought a smash book and is LOVING it. I kept telling her they are like remains of the day journals that I took a class to make but she's more of a "buy the package" deal kind of gal. Their promo video is awesome though!

    ReplyDelete