"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin





Monday, December 9, 2013

Things To Put On A Card

In my tidying I found this list I made a couple of years ago, after admiring some beautiful cards online.  So, I wrote down what most of them consisted of, even though I don't always follow my own list it does give me ideas.  It really depends what kind of card I'm aiming for, time I have to get it done and how much I want to spend on it.  Anyway I thought I'd share it.
 
1.  A focal image, verse, photo. 
2.  Layers~~use dies and embossing folders, fabric, lace, acrylic, paper doilies, photo. Distress an edge or use an edge punch/scissors. 
3.  Words~~letters, quotes~in any shape or form.
4.  Ribbon, lace, fabric, string~around one of the layers, or down the side.
5.  Flowers~I love flowers, paper, fabric, ribbon, acrylic, metal....
6.  Gems, pearls, buttons, pins, brads, wood, sand.
7.  Metal do-dads of any kind~I'm thinking anything Tim Holtz :)
8   Flourishes, vines~ in pearls/gems, chipboard, cardstock, grunge board/paper.      
9.  Tags, tiles, your own handmade embellishments (I'm thinking of my wired embellishments and shrinky-dinks )~tuck them in, hang or fasten to your card.
10. There are all kinds of inks, sprays, paints, and glitters, techniques and styles.
 
I've put my list on an index card and now I'm going to tack it to my work space :)  I hope you have found this helpful and inspiring.  If you can add anything that you like to do, please let us all know  :)  
 
Thanks for stopping by, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment