"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin





Friday, March 28, 2014

FRIEND Word Book


Quite a while back I bought several word books and seeing as I'm trying to finish old projects, I picked this one to do this week!

I love this CTMH paper and glad I tucked it away with the book.  I tried not to get carried away  because you really can with albums!

 
I just cut and taped as well glued the paper on to the chipboard pages.  All page edges are inked with Black Soot distress ink.   Below, the black decorative strip on the right side page is like a belly band to tuck photos under.

 
 
 
Below is a library pocket (left) that I added paper to, plus two tags, so lots of room to write or add a couple of photos. 

 
 
On the right had side, it's hard to see, but there is an acetate pocket to which I added some cut-out flowers and a label.   I edged it with a black Copic pen so it was easier to see  :) 

 
The butterfly is lace that I cut to shape.  The right hand page has that decorative strip along the bottom to tuck photos into.
 
 
Below: The right side has a little frame to add a small photo.  And the last page has some pockets and tags for more journaling and photos. This last page is the chipboard that comes with the book, that's not part of the lettering, I shaped the end and covered it too for an extra page.

 
Long post :) thanks for coming to look, hope you are all having a great week!
 
 
 
 
       

2 comments:

  1. WOW this turned out amazing! Love all the detail! Beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming over to look Nicole :) I know you're crazy busy right now doing your page and all :)

      Delete