"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin





Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Little Bit Vintage

A G45 vintage birthday card. That's what came of the mess of stuff on my counter :)

 I used SU cardstock and Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe paper, Prima flower stem, some crocheted lace, and an old button.  Instead of folding it, I used two rings with some charms and crinkle ribbon. All edges have a bit of Black Soot Distress ink.


 
The narrow front piece opens with the little boot lace-ups for a hinge. The waxy flax 'lace-up' is from CTMH and the little metal corners were in my stash.  
 
 
On the bottom corner is a little arrow to hold the piece closed.


 Inside I added some lovely black lace from The Jule Box, gems from my stash, and on the left some G 45 printed paper.  The key and three of the butterflies are coated with crackle accents. 

 
On the back, I added a sticker from Bo Bunny Timepiece collection.  The card is approximately 5x 7.

 
Thanks for coming by today :)
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Girl on the card reminded me of Downton Abbey.
    Very lovely card, love that lace as well.
    Hugs,
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love it.. well done.. I like the shape of it so much.. lovely idea.. take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet :) I loved the planning of this card--even woke up in the middle of the night to write down something I wanted to do on it, so I wouldn't forget, lol, I need a note pad by the bed!

      Delete
  3. Your card looks like a mini book, it is so pretty.
    So much detail, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy :) I really wanted her to be able to add some pages on her own---so it's kind of like a party book to add to :) if she likes.

      Delete