"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin





Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Lace and Doilies and Tea on Tuesday

I've been away on a holiday to Vancouver and Nanaimo :)  Wonderful holiday with family.  I LOVE it down there and the weather cooperated for the most part!  Things are so green and every thing is blossoming! 

Today, I'm enjoying a lovely cup of Double Cream Earl Grey tea by Teaja.  It is a delicious mellow tea that has a yummy flavor!  AND, I finally found a Buddha cup/bowl ($17)!!   So today, it's holding my tea  :)  There's not a lot of colour to my tea because I don't like it strong.




I looked in 2nd hand places for old lace and doilies too, but only found a couple and they wanted an arm and a leg.  But when I went to the Lions garage sale here at home this Saturday, I bought a grocery bag, stuffed, for $11. Just what I was looking for :)

 
 
And this is the beginning of what I'm doing with this one.


These circles are about 2.5 inches across and there 15 of them per doily.  The edges will be great for cards, lace books or my pincushions, etc.  There are two beige and one white of this style. 

 
I was also looking for bits of jewelry on the trip and did manage to find this gorgeous bracelet for $3 at a second hand boutique---the large stone had come loose and they glued it back on, but it was a bit foggy--great for what I wanted it for.  I did try wearing it and found it a bit 'scratchy' on my arm, so it didn't bother me to take it apart.  
 
    
  A couple of snips of the wire and I now have some gorgeous pieces to use on a book or whatever :) 
 I absolutely LOVE the colour of this bracelet!  
 
 
Thanks so much for coming to visit  :)  Have a great week!
Please check what the other Ladies are up to today, the list is at Elizabeth's blog here:  http://alteredbooklover.blogspot.ca/2014/04/tea-stands-for-more-bearthday-fun.html
 
 
 
 

20 comments:

  1. That cup is so cool!! And the tea sounds yummy. You really scored with your bag sale...love it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Halle :) The tea is great and the cup takes getting used to!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back, Nancy. Lace and doilies, when you can find them in thrift stores, are very, very expensive here, too. You got a lovely amount of these. And that bracelet is even better now it has been taken apart.

    Thanks for sharing your lovely Buddha cup and doilies today for T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth, it's good to be back--my kids walked my feet off :)

      Delete
  3. We would so enjoy visiting Vancouver again...I really wanted to see the swans at Stanley Park but we visited in the late summer and hardly saw any.
    What a great cup with an inspiring name too :)
    Your bag of goodies would make my heart go pitter pat as well as the lovely jewelry bits you collected...what great ingredients for you to create with!
    Happy T Day from rainy Virginia
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patty :) most places I went to had never heard of the cup--I first saw it on Pinterest , just the name relaxes me :)

      Delete
  4. Oh Wow! You have given some great tips and ideas there. I must have a rummage when the car boot sales start again!
    Sounds like you have a great holiday.
    Hugs and Happy T Day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think the 2nd hand stores have got wise to us crafters :) and really upped the prices.

      Delete
  5. What great finds! I have never seen a cup/bowl like that before. Really cool!
    Happy T-Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello and Happy T Day! WOW, what lovely pieces you found on your vacation. I love it all and can't wait to see your ideas for them. Hope you will share them here for us too see. The tea sounds yummy too! Welcome home and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn, I'm trying to get yard work done and I'm not letting myself start anything till it is! So hard to wait :)

      Delete
  7. i adore that cup! i've never seen anything like it. i googled it to find out more, and i am intrigued. so cool. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm slowly getting used to holding it so I don't slosh my tea, lol. Love wrapping my hands around it tho :)

      Delete
  8. Love your mug! I'm very fond of vintage things and enjoy using them in my art too. Garage sales do hold some special finds quite often. That was some bargain you got. Happy T day a day late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I'm going to start searching out garage sales this summer---something I don't usually do :)

      Delete
  9. Oh wow, that bag of lace/doilies is a great find! I know you'll have lots is fun using the bits of lace, as well as the bits of bracelet, in your art.

    Hope you had a Happy T-Day yesterday. Looks like you did, with that cool cup/bowl. And hope you're having a lovely Wednesday today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Denise, it's been fun learning to hold that Buddha bowl :) but I'm getting the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, I love all your finds! a unique and comfortable looking cup...and I adore old lace and jewelry! can't wait to see what you create...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Love that lace piece and what a lucky find at the boutique!
    Sue
    aka Mrs Noofy

    ReplyDelete