"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin





Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Getting Things Done on a Snowy Day

Well another foot of snow today :) what can I say, good day for the craft room, baking, laundry or just lazing around. So I did a little of everything.



I made homemade egg noodles but no machine makes rolling a workout. Mix together 3 eggs, 2 cups of flour and 1 tsp. salt. Roll them out, mine should have been thinner but my arms wouldn't do it :) Cut strips and let dry for 2 hours. This is enough for 4 or 5 servings--depending how hungry you are. Store the thoroughly dried noodles in an airtight container.

So for dinner, I sauted onions, mushrooms, peppers, celery, prawns and when that was almost done, tossed in some fresh spinach and nutmeg. While the noodles were cooking, I made a white sauce to which I added a little parmesan cheese. Mixed it all together and voila! Dinner.


I made a mosaic card, thanks Sue for reminding me of this technique. Check out Sue's mosaic tag at http://abittatteredart.blogspot.com/ I have never tried it and good heavens, I can finally put to use some of the rubber I have saved! My piece of acrylic isn't very big so I had to stamp a couple of times.

Directions can be found on SplitCoast Stampers.

The inside.


I love how it turned out. My ruffled flowers are actually pinker, not sure how they got the orange look.


Good gosh, if we get more snow, who knows what can happen around the house :)
Have a great day Everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for the link! Your card came out perfect. I am loving this technique-and the next time the temp in my studio is over 51 degrees-I'm going to make something else! I used a piece of plastic from the packaging of a Tim Holtz die-as my base for the rubber bits. Didn't want to use my "good" (filthy) acrylic blocks. I love that card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And PS-when I come to your house for dinner-you are SO making me noodles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Nancy! You have been quite productive both in the kitchen and in your craft room...Loveee the mosaic card U made....just wished the pictures were bigger...I had my nose almost glued to the monitor in order to see them...LOL
    Thanks for sharing!:o)

    ReplyDelete