"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." Anais Nin





Friday, November 25, 2011

Button Christmas Card...and more

I've been working on three cards the past couple of days and finally, today, they are done  :)




I went onto the Hero Arts blog and found this pretty little card using clear buttons.  The only clear buttons that I have are some from my Mom's old button box.  You adhere your clear buttons onto some pretty printed paper, allow to dry and cut out.  I used SU! Whisper White and Night of Navy cardstock, Creamy Caramel ink (one of my favourites!) and large Christmas background stamp.  A few pearls and sparkly gems to fill in between the buttons, a bit of Stickles in between and all around the tree.  Cut your own 'snowbanks' and I added Stickles to them too.  The Winter Wishes is a SU! rub-on.  




The Angel of Winter is a digi image is from Crafts and Me and coloured with Copics.  The little tree is a folded half circle.  I cut the Angel oval with my CM cutters, the holly is cut from the same paper as the tree, Graphics 45.  It's hard to see but I put some clear, Viva crackling paste around the card front and inked over with Distress Ink-Peeled Paint and of course had to add some green Stickles.



The SU! snowflake stamp on this one is Versamarked and embossed with Shimmering Leaves ep, I did a bead of gold Stickles down from the top to the snowflake and adhered a gold thread bow to it.  The rub-on is SU!.   These last two card fronts have been through the cuttlebug folders.  I was originally trying to do 'white' cards, but I really had a hard time sticking to just white---as much as I love it!  



Do any of you remember folding magazines like this (or am I showing my age here)?   I folded two Oprah magazines to hold my cards--saw or read it somewhere.  It's going to be my centerpiece this year and so far, just six cards, but eventually I think it will be full   :) 



Anyway  :)   thanks for coming to look!  


6 comments:

  1. Your cards are gorgeous. Love the button tree, so pretty.
    I have never seen that magazine tree, so neat.
    Wow you received Christmas cards already

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards Nancy!!Love them.What a fab idea with the magazine tree.TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of using it for displaying Christmas cards Nancy!! Yours looks wonderfully full and round... will need to try that version out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used to make those out of old reader's digest magazines .... Yes, I do remember that! Wow it takes me back! Show it to us again when it's full!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally forgot about the magazine folding.. Been a few years will have to put some thought into that.. Love the cards.. take care

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh NANCY I just love these!! Love the glitter you've added and that tree is magnificent!! Everything is just gorgeous!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete